With our official Duomo tour you will receive a personalized “welcome service” at the entrance; you will skip the line and you will be accompanied inside the Complex with our guide.
The Dome of the Cathedral of Florence is a masterpiece capable of resisting lightning, earthquakes, wars and the passage of time ... With its diameter of 46 meters is the largest dome in the world built without scaffolding, using a double shell with an intermediate space. The inner shell (with a thickness of more than two meters) is made of light bricks embedded in a herringbone pattern and is the self-supporting structural element while the external dome simply acts as a covering to resist the wind.
What’s included in the tour:
- exclusive priority entrance with no line;
- ticket valid for the 5 attraction of Santa Maria del Fiore Complex: Opera del Duomo Museum, Bell Tower, Crypt of Santa Reparata , Baptistery;
- certified tour Guide;
- Italian home made "Gelato";
- individual booking;
- set of earphones to follow clearly the explanation of the tour Guide.
What will you do in the tour:
- enter the Cathedral without a queue from a private entrance;
- discover the genial techniques of construction of the Cupola;
- climb the 463 steps and walk along the secret passages of the 1400s;
- admire the largest frescoed surface of the world and the marvellous marble floor;
- dominate the skyline of Florence and the Tuscan countryside up to the Chianti;
- visit the inside of the Baptistery to admire the golden Mosaics;
- enjoy a delicious Italian artisan Gelato.
In this tour you'll can admire the famous gold tiles of the Gate of Paradise by Lorenzo Ghiberti while, inside, you will see the wonderful gold mosaics that inspired Dante Alighieri for the Divine Comedy. At the end of the tour you'll enjoy a delicious Italian artisan gelato.
- entry into the Cathedral requires a dress code; shoulders and knees must be covered;
- also recommended clothing and comfortable shoes for the climb of 463 steps;
- not recommended for those suffering from claustrophobia, dizziness or walking difficulties and heart patients.