The initiative aims to identify the thematic itineraries related to the life of St. Francis and aimed at recovering the historical connection between the Basilica of Santa Croce and the Sanctuary of La Verna, through the enhancement of the territories from the point of view of tourism, history, cultural and landscape to be developed in associative form with the municipalities that cross the path.
In addition to Florence, the municipalities of Bagno a Ripoli, Bibbiena, Castel San Niccolò, Chitigliano, Chiusi della Verna, Fiesole, Montemignaio, Ortigliano-Raggiolo, Pelago, Pontessieve, Poppi, Pratovecchio, Reggello, Rignano sull'Arno and Rufina.
1- Florence-Pontassieve (23.8 km, 7 hours, easy);
2- Pontassieve-Consuma (km 17.8, 6 hours, challenging);
3- Consuma-Stia (about 18 km, 6 hours, medium);
4- Stia-Camaldoli Monastero (km 17, about 6 hours, medium);
- Partial Stia-Valagnesi (km 8, 2.5 hours, medium-easy)
- Partial Valagnesi-Camaldoli Hermitage- Monastery (km 9, 3.5 hours, challenging)
- Partial Stia-Asqua (11.3 km, 4 hours, medium-easy);
- Partial Asqua-Camaldoli Monastery (km 5.5, 1h and 30 ’, medium-easy);
5- Camaldoli-Badia Prataglia (8.4 km, about 3 hours, medium, or from the Eremo 12 km, 4 hours, demanding)
6- Badia Prataglia – La Verna (17.500 km, about 8 hours, challenging);
- Partial Badia Prataglia-Santicchio (9.5 km, about 3.5 hours, medium-easy);
- Partial Santicchio-La Verna (about 8 km, 4 hours, challenging);
- Partial Badia Prataglia-Biforco (12.5 km, about 4 hours, medium-easy);
- Partial Biforco-La Verna (7 km, about 4 hours, challenging).
PLEASE NOTE: In summer 2020 routes and signage should be ready.
PLEASE NOTE: THE FACILITIES HAVE BEEN ENTIRELY SANITIZED AND THE VISITS WILL BE CARRIED OUT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE REGULATIONS STATED BY THE HEALTH EMERGENCY.