Your charismatic guide will entertain you through an intriguing Dante's journey of jaw-dropping details, anecdotes and a history full of clues that will reveal some of Florence's most important attractions and monuments.
What is included
- specialized local guide
- visit of the Baptistery and the Gates of Paradise
- visit of the Duomo of Florence
- visit of Palazzo Vecchio
- Reservation required: on request up to 48 hours in advance, the contacts on the purchase summary voucher
- Tour available in Italian, English, Spanish, French, German
- Every day at 10.00
- Duration: 3,5h
- Meeting Point: Piazza Mentana 2red
- Refundable without the cost of entrance tickets up to 72 hours before.
The half day walking tour will introduce you to Dante Alighieri and his Divine Comedy; the guide will focus on Botticelli's painting entitled Inferno with an in-depth description of the connection it has with Dante and the history of the Divine Comedy. The tour will include a visit to the Baptistery, Gates of Paradise and Florence's Duomo (the Cathedral) where you will be enlightened with knowledge of hidden symbols and codes.
The highlight of the tour will be at Palazzo Vecchio, the city hall of Florence, where faith and science come together in breathtaking revelations. This will pave the way through the beautiful “Salone dei 500” and the Palazzo Vecchio Museum. You will also admire the Sala delle Carte Geografiche, the balconies and Dante's death mask. This is a great tour that will allow you
to learn more about the art and rich history of Florence while learning its past protagonists, such as Botticelli, Michelangelo and Giorgio Vasari through the lens of mystery and symbolism.