The real Chianti Wine Experience! Two wine tastings with local products to discover the secrets of Tuscan excellent wines and explore a picturesque Medieval village!
A comprehensive experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Tuscany, known all over the world for its wine and its countryside of unrivalled charm, where woods alternate with vineyards and olive groves, in a landscape dotted with Romanesque parish churches, farmhouses, villas and castles of rare beauty.
The first stop of the tour is in the heart of the Florentine Chianti Classico, in a small cozy Winery. Here, guided by the owner, you will discover the secrets of winemaking and enjoy a delicious tasting of the best wines produced, accompanied by local products. The tour continues then to the picturesque medieval village of Greve, birthplace of the famous navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano, where every year takes place the most important wine fair of the Chianti region. Here we will have free time to admire the famous main square of the ancient "market" with its characteristic arcades and to browse through the local artisan shops.
Moving along the historical "Via Chiantigiana", you will cross the Sienese Chianti Classico area, admiring the breathtaking views of the rolling hills that made so famous this part of Tuscany, before to reach a family-run Winery, which stands out for the excellent quality of its wines. Here, you will be welcomed by its passionate winemaker with an introductory walk along the slope through the vineyards. Once arrived, a guided tour of the cellars and the lovely aromatic garden will be waiting for you, followed by a delicious tasting of four different wines and unique local products that you can find only here. Do not miss this unique opportunity of tasting, but also to buy and bring them home as your best travel memory!
Please note that the order of the visits may change
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Assistance from Caf Tour staff at the meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi on board
- Authorised tour leader
- Guided tour of two different wineries with their cellars and vineyards
- 2 wine tastings, accompanied by local products
- Free time to enjoy the visit of the village of Greve in Chianti
YOUR GUIDE / TOUR OPERATOR
Caf Tour & Travel is a certified tour operator qualified by the 'official stamp' City of Florence Tour Operator. A family business, founded in Florence in 1954, which is still today a point of reference for travellers from all over the world who want to experience the artistic, architectural and natural treasures offered by our beautiful city and the wonderful land of Tuscany. Quality guaranteed!
- Until March 2023 - Departure: at 1 pm - Duration: Approx. 6 hours / From April to October 2023 - Departure: at 2 pm - Duration: Approx. 6 hours
- Comfortable shoes are recommended. The wineries are usually located at the top of the hill and the visit begins with a short walk along the slope between the vineyards.